HomeWorld News3 US Troops Killed in Jordan, At Least 2 Dozen Injured After...

3 US Troops Killed in Jordan, At Least 2 Dozen Injured After Devastating Attack: Report

Published on

Following over three months of assaults on American forces in the Middle East, the inaugural American casualties occurred on Saturday when a drone strike targeted a U.S. base in Jordan.

Two U.S. Navy SEALs were also killed during an effort to prevent Iranian-origin munitions from reaching Houthi militants in Yemen.

A news release from U.S. Central Command stated, “On Jan. 28, three U.S. service members were killed and 25 injured from a one-way attack UAS that impacted at a base in northeast Jordan, near the Syria border.”

“As a matter of respect for the families and in accordance with DoD policy, the identities of the servicemembers will be withheld until 24 hours after their next of kin have been notified. Updates will be provided as they become available,” the release said.

CNN reported that the number of Americans injured is likely to exceed thirty.

As per CNN, the assault occurred at Tower 22 in Jordan, an establishment situated in close proximity to the Syrian frontier.

It was believed that the Syrian-based drone had been launched by a militia supported by Iran.

President Joe Biden said in a statement, “While we are still gathering the facts of this attack, we know it was carried out by radical Iran-backed militant groups operating in Syria and Iraq.”

According to Biden, the United States “will hold all those responsible to account at a time and in a manner our choosing.”

More than 158 attacks have been launched against American and allied forces in Iraq and Syria as of Friday. Seventy American soldiers have been injured as a result of these assaults. CNN reports that the assault on Tower 22 on Sunday was the initial occurrence of this nature since the attacks commenced in October.

The New York Times reports that an air base in Azraq, Jordan, houses approximately 2,000 personnel. Additionally, Jordan houses support personnel for an American base in Al Tanf, Syria.

Prior to the attack, General CQ Brown Jr., chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, defended the military strategy of the Biden administration in the Middle East in an interview with ABC that was pre-recorded.

More on this story via The Western Journal:

“I would also ask, would they — do they want a broader conflict? Do you want us in a full-scale war? And that’s the goal is to deter them. And we don’t want to go down a path of greater escalation that drives to a much broader conflict within the region,” he said, responding to critics of Biden’s policy. CONTINUE READING…

Latest articles

Journalist Charged with Hacking Fox News and Leaking Tucker Carlson Footage

Journalist Timothy Burke faced indictment on Thursday, charged with offenses related to hacking in...

Trump Legal Team Unleashes Phone Records That Cast Major Doubt on Fani Willis and Nathan Wade’s Story

An examination of mobile phone records, presented by the legal team of former President...

Biden’s New Regulation Could Make Up to 1 Million Jobs Vanish

The Biden administration is in the process of putting in place a rule one...

Indicted FBI Informant Re-Arrested Under ‘Bizarre Circumstances,’ His Lawyers Say

A longstanding FBI informant, accused of orchestrating a fabricated multi-million dollar bribery scheme involving...

More like this