The jet-setting President Joe Biden’s frequent travel is taking its toll on taxpayers to the tune of $2.2 million.
Consider that the average American family paid $2,392 in federal income tax in 2018, USA Facts reported. If still true in 2020 that would mean it took approximately 919 families annual taxes to pay for Biden’s travel this year
More than 900 people working hard for an entire year to pay for Biden to travel and vacation, Judicial Watch reported.
“Judicial Watch today announced it obtained White House travel records from the Secret Service in response to Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests for all records concerning the use of U.S. Government funds to provide security and/or any other services to President Biden and any companions. These records detail Secret Service travel costs of $2,252,600.50 for President Joe Biden through August 8 for travel to Delaware and other domestic locations,” it said last week.
- Biden’s August 6-8, 2021, trip to Wilmington, Delaware, cost $176,183.00 in hotels; $18,652.00 in car rentals; $24,322.39 in air/rail travel for a total of $219,157.39
- Biden’s July 23-25, 2021, weekend trip to Wilmington cost $88,575.00 in hotels; $7,378.00 in car rentals; $14,319.69 in air/rail travel for a total of $110,272.69
- Biden also took a trip to Wilmington earlier in July from July 9-11, 2021. That trip cost $74,289.00 in hotels; $23,727.72 in car rentals; $27,561.53 in air/rail travel for a total of $125,578.25
- Biden’s July 3, 2021, trip to Michigan to celebrate progress against COVID-19 cost $151,395.70 in hotels; $18,992.00 in car rentals; $9,388.26 In air/rail travel for a total of $179,775.96
- Biden’s June 18-20, 2021 trip to Wilmington cost $158,818.70 in hotels; $24,475.00 in car rentals; $19,896.21 in air/rail travel for a total of $203,189.91
- Biden’s Delaware trips from January 20, 2021, to June 4, 2021, cost $1,125,646.50 in hotels; $10,893.40 in car rentals; $159,966.28 in air/rail travel for a total of $1,296,506.18
- Biden’s April 29, 2021 trip to Atlanta to celebrate his first 100 days in office cost $11,141.00 in hotels; $22,581.30 in car rentals; $47,659.56 on air/rail travel for a total of $81,384.86
This is the total price before the Air Force One travel expenses, as the Air Force has not yet given those numbers to Judicial Watch, and before the Secret Service gives the watchdog information on the expenses of his weekend trips to Delaware.