Chris Wallace Just Got Devastating News

CNN+, a streaming service offered by CNN, is not reaching its projected subscription goals, and will be implementing huge cuts in investment into the service, as much as hundreds of millions of dollars, Conservative Brief reported.

Join Our Telegram Chanel Here: Donald Trump News

Breitbart reported that “Fewer than10,000 people are using CNN+ on a daily basis two weeks into its existence,” according to people familiar with the matter.

Already spending around $300 million on the service, including a “sizable marketing investment” CNN will now have to make cuts that are as yet undecided.

TRENDING: WH Gets Caught in Massive Lie About Kamala Harris

CNN+, a $5.99-per-month streaming service, represents the media outlet’s step into the world of streaming, similar to how Fox launched its own Fox Nation streaming service in 2018, conservativebrief.com reported.

CNN says that its new streaming service will feature live daily news programming, original series, true crime shows, and food and travel docuseries.

The unstable position of CNN+ comes on the heels of the hiring of hosts Chris Wallace and Kasie Hunt, luring them from their former positions at Fox News and MSNBC, respectively.

CNN had plans for the high profile names to host shows of their own at CNN+.

Wallace had become disenchanted with Fox News and had made the change to CNN, but is now unhappy with the current situation at CNN+ and reportedly is frustrated, according to reporter John Nicosia.

SOURCE: “Chris Wallace is ‘having daily breakdowns’ over the ‘miserable launch’ of [CNN+],” Nicosia announced. “Wants a ‘CNN show or is threatening to walk’ they go on. ‘He is having staffers count how many times a day his promo is playing.’”

The source also reportedly told Nicosia that Wallace is “telling anyone that will listen he wants” Chris Cuomo’s old time slot.

Completing this poll entitles you to Conservative Patriots news updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Wallace announced his decision to leave Fox News for CNN+ this past December, saying he looked forward to the “new freedom.”

Wallace and Hunt were previously positive regarding their moves to CNN.

Hunt told The Washington Post that the move to streaming was an obvious step in the right direction.

‘My parents don’t even pay for cable,’ Hunt said. ‘I just think that this way of watching television is the future, and that’s why it felt like kind of a no-brainer to do this.’

Chris Wallace made the change to CNN due to a desire to interview cultural figures rather than cover politics but in an interview with the New York Times, Wallace expressed dissatisfaction with his former network, pointing fingers at fellow news host Tucker Carlson.

Breitbart reported that the former “Fox News Sunday” host was interviewed by The New York Times this week and took a number of swipes at his former place of employment, “I’m fine with opinion: conservative opinion, liberal opinion,” he said of his decision to leave Fox News.

“But when people start to question the truth — Who won the 2020 election? Was Jan. 6 an insurrection? — I found that unsustainable.” He then said that he spent “a lot of 2021 looking to see if there was a different place for me to do my job.”

The CNN host said that he was “so alarmed by Mr. Carlson’s documentary ‘Patriot Purge’ — which falsely suggested the Jan. 6 Capitol riot was a ‘false flag’ operation intended to demonize conservatives — that he complained directly to Fox News management.”

“Before, I found it was an environment in which I could do my job and feel good about my involvement at Fox,” he said. “And since November of 2020, that just became unsustainable, increasingly unsustainable as time went on.”

Wallace continued, “I am thrilled to join CNN+. After decades in broadcast and cable news, I am excited to explore the world of streaming,” he said.

“I look forward to the new freedom and flexibility streaming affords in interviewing major figures across the news landscape—and finding new ways to tell stories,” he added. “As I embark on this adventure, I am honored and delighted to join Jeff Zucker and his great team. I can’t wait to get started.”

CNN seems unwilling to address the current situation, possibly waiting for the new leadership to step into the office.

Last week Fox Business News’ Charles Gasparino reported that the new streaming service CNN+ is a flop.

“Breaking: @CNNplus employees bracing for layoffs possibly as soon as May amid projections of lackluster sales of new streaming channel; CNN employees say new streaming channel could be merged into larger @discoveryplus as early as May unless subscriptions pick up,” the Fox Business reporter said.

Gasparino’s tweet was followed by a comment in a tweet by CNN’s rep Matt Dornic who said that the network is doing fine.

Join Our Telegram Chanel Here: Donald Trump News

“For the record, we are VERY happy with the launch of CNN+ and are only bracing for a long run of success,” Dornic said.

Gasparino tweeted in reply, “The “well oiled @CNN PR Flack department won’t respond to my calls for comment but tweets out their response. Nice”, taunting CNN for it’s lack of formal response.