Megyn Kelly hypothesized that the woman in charge of the public relations department at Fox News is disseminating Tucker Carlson excerpts that have gone viral in recent days.
The network dismissed Carlson last week, and clips of him have been smuggled to Media Matters and The New York Times.
In one recording, Carlson complained that his former employer would not maintain the Fox Nation streaming platform on behalf of its customers.
Carlson commented that “nobody watches Fox Nation because the site sucks,” adding, “I’m just frustrated with it. It’s hard to use that site. I don’t know why they’re not fixing it. It’s driving me insane.”
In a separate recording, Carlson criticized Media Matters.
It is evident that none of the segments were intended for public consumption, and it is unclear how Carlson’s far-left opponents obtained the behind-the-scenes excerpts.
Kelly theorized on her radio program on Monday that Fox’s senior executive vice president of corporate communications, Irena Briganti, is behind the disclosures.
WARNING: The following video contains language some viewers may find offensive.
“So [Fox News] first leaked to the New York Times,” Kelly said during an interview with Libs of TikTok founder Chaya Raichik.
Kelly added, “This is my supposition for the record because it hasn’t been yet confirmed, but I know it is. And I know it’s Irena Briganti who runs comms and f***ing hates Tucker. Sorry. She hates his guts.”
The presenter stated that the relationship between Briganti and Carlson is “mutual.”
“He doesn’t like her either,” she said. “None of us do. Nobody likes Irena.”
Further, Kelly theorized Fox News will do whatever it takes to prevent Carlson from transferring his audience to another network, such as Newsmax TV.
She further claimed, “This is all an orchestrated hit job, in my opinion, and it’s not a subtle one.”
She claimed that her former network is attempting to slander Carlson for no other reason than to do so.
“Nice try, Fox!” she said.
Last week, Rolling Stone reported that multiple Fox News sources told the publication that Briganti was prepared to use a “oppo file” against Carlson if the network believed he was challenging those in authority.
“One source with knowledge calls it an ‘oppo file,’” the outlet reported. “Two sources add that Fox is prepared to disclose some of its contents if execs suspect that Carlson is coming after the network.”
Rolling Stone added, “The file includes internal complaints regarding workplace conduct, disparaging comments about management and colleagues, and allegations that the now-former prime-time host created a toxic work environment, three of the sources say.”
Fox News denied in a statement that it had compiled such a file on Carlson.
Last Monday, Fox News disclosed the network’s separation from Carlson in a statement that included the names of Briganti and one other communications department employee.
“FOX News Media and Tucker Carlson have agreed to part ways,” the network said in a terse statement. “We thank him for his service to the network as a host and prior to that as a contributor.”
The statement concluded, “Mr. Carlson’s last program was Friday, April 21st.”
While the statement portrayed the host’s departure from the network as amicable, Rolling Stone reported that network sources described the split as occurring on the “messiest possible terms.”