When Tesla CEO Elon Musk made public his desire to buy out social media giant Twitter and allow practically unfettered free speech on the platform, the left, well, they melted down.
Join Our Telegram Chanel Here: Donald Trump News
Of course, then the Biden administration went after Musk. Shortly after Musk’s announcement, the DHS announced that it was forming a “Disinformation Governance Board.”
Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas said in testimony early last month that the administration has created a Disinformation Governance Board to combat online disinformation, led by Rob Silvers and Jennifer Gaskill, deputy general counsel.
Many saw this as a direct attack by the Biden administration on Musk who wants to free Twitter from its leftist, anti-free speech, censor-happy overlords.
And now, Forbes is reporting, that Biden’s admin is going after Musk in other areas.
U.S. authorities are escalating and expanding a probe into Tesla’s controversial automated driving feature in a move that could prompt a mandatory recall.
On Thursday, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, an agency under the guidance of Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg, said it would be expanding a probe and look into 830,000 Tesla cars across all four current model lines, 11% more vehicles than they were previously examining.
The Forbes report continues, pointing out the regulations on Telsa were very rare until Biden.
Up until Biden took office, however, NHTSA took very much a stand-off approach to regulating Tesla. An investigation in 2016 into its Autopilot even concluded that crash rates were reduced by 40% in those vehicles equipped with the technology. Tesla happily cited NHTSA’s findings for its own marketing purposes, until the study was later retracted as fundamentally flawed.
Under the Trump administration, regulators such as NHTSA saw their influence sink. The job of the nation’s top traffic safety official was vacant for 15 months with Heidi King nominated only in 2017, never confirmed by the Senate and in office for only about two years.
It was only after Biden moved into the White House that regulatory headwinds began. Last August, NHTSA opened its initial probe into 745,000 Tesla models already sold, almost its entire U.S. fleet at the time.
Tesla fans began to worry after a noted critic of Musk’s self-driving technology was hired by Buttigieg to serve as a top advisor.
Biden’s people must really have it out for Musk.
In other news, a report on Twitter that Musk was interested in buying out conservative news network One America News (which would have been awesome) was shot down by the billionaire himself.
Robert Herring, the CEO of One America News Network, wrote a tweet that prompted the online rumors.
“We just received a call from somebody very close to [Musk] telling us that he would like to talk to us about purchasing [OANN],”
When the Tesla CEO responded with “Only Twitter”, the rumor quickly died down.
— Robert Herring (@RobHerring) June 9, 2022
Musk did, however, receive great news about the Twitter deal on Thursday.
In response to Elon Musk’s concerns about fake accounts and bots, the Board of Directors of Twitter has agreed to comply with his demands.
Musk has requested user data so that his team can work out how many accounts are bots or fakes.
“After a weeks-long impasse, Twitter’s board plans to comply with Elon Musk’s demands for internal data by offering access to its full ‘firehose,’ the massive stream of data comprising more than 500 million tweets posted each day, according to a person familiar with the company’s thinking, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe the state of negotiations,” according to the Washington Post.
The Conservative Brief reported:
The move aims to end a standoff with the billionaire, who has threatened to pull out of his $44 billion deal to buy Twitter unless the company provides access to data he says is necessary to evaluate the number of fake users on the platform.
The information could be provided as soon as this week, the person said. Currently some two dozen companies pay for access to the trove, which comprises not only a real-time record of tweets but the devices they tweet from, as well as information about the accounts that tweet.
Join Our Telegram Chanel Here: Donald Trump News
This week he threatened to walk away from the deal because he said that Twitter is not providing him information about spam bots and fake accounts on the social media platform, Fox News reported.
“This is a clear material breach of Twitter’s obligations under the merger agreement and Mr. Musk reserves all rights resulting therefrom, including his right not to consummate the transaction and his right to terminate the merger agreement,” Musk’s lawyers wrote to the social network on Monday.
Last month, Musk threatened to halt the deal because he didn’t know how many bots and fake accounts were active on the platform. There are reports that it could be as high as 20%.
Upon reading a report that claimed Twitter only has less than 5 percent of its users as spam or bots, Musk tweeted that the deal had been put on hold.