Former President Barack Obama has not said a word about the terrorist attacks on Israel by Hamas, which were backed by Iran and killed many people.
As of now, neither the Obama administration nor the presidential libraries or foundations of Democratic past presidents like Bill Clinton have made any public comments about the ongoing conflict.
The Clinton Foundation, on the other hand, has not said anything about the threats listed above.
Still, Hillary Clinton made an official statement on Sunday night outlining her position:
“My prayers are with everyone affected by the horrific attacks by Hamas in Israel. The United States stands in strong support of our ally, today and every day.”
But neither President Obama nor Michelle Obama, who used to be first lady, have said anything public about the killings.
So far, the Obama Foundation and the social media accounts that are connected to it have not made any public comments about the attacks in Israel by Hamas.
“Not one word from Obama, and why is that? Is he too busy? Or simply indifferent? Or could it be that, having given millions to Iran, he is privately celebrating his role in taking Israel down a notch,” Conservative author Dinesh D’Souza raised a query on X, suggesting the possibility that the individual in issue may be privately commemorating their involvement in diminishing Israel’s standing, potentially attributed to their substantial financial contributions to Iran.
Not one word from Obama, and why is that? Is he too busy? Or simply indifferent? Or could it be that, having given millions to Iran, he is privately celebrating his role in taking Israel down a notch? #IsraelUnderAttack
— Dinesh D'Souza (@DineshDSouza) October 7, 2023
At the same time, past Presidents Donald Trump and George W. Bush both said things about the current war.
Speaking about the killings, President Trump said they were wrong and called them a “disgrace.” In order to protect itself, he said, Israel must use “overwhelming force.”
In a message shared on Truth Social, President Trump expressed “These Hamas attacks are a disgrace and Israel has every right to defend itself with overwhelming force.”
“Sadly, American taxpayer dollars helped fund these attacks, which many reports are saying came from the Biden Administration.”
“We brought so much peace to the Middle East through the Abraham Accords, only to see Biden whittle it away at a far more rapid pace than anyone thought possible. Here we go again,” he added.
The George W. Bush Presidential Center also put out a message.
“We urge the United States and our allies to stand unequivocally with Israel, its government and people, and support Israel’s right to defend itself against these threats,” the center wrote.
“Attacks on free and democratic states anywhere are attacks on all of us, whether in Israel, Ukraine, or elsewhere.”
It was Sunday, and the Carter Center released a statement strongly condemning the targeting of citizens in both Israel and Palestine. The statement also stresses the importance of real involvement and coordinated efforts from all over the world to end the fighting in the area.
“Our hearts are heavy with sorrow for the tragic loss of innocent lives on all sides of the conflict. We urge all parties to prioritize the protection and well-being of civilians by refraining from actions that target residential areas,” the Carter Center stated.
“The Carter Center acknowledges the profound historical and religious significance this region holds for all parties involved.
The fundamental human rights of all residents of the region must be protected, land claims and security concerns addressed, and the sanctity of Muslim and Christian holy sites preserved. In addition, it is crucial to recognize the complex dynamics of this situation, including the ongoing occupation.”
A call for active participation by the world community in building peace in the area was made by the center.
“The urgency for a robust and renewed peace process has never been greater,” the center continued.
“There is not a military solution to the crisis – only a political one. We implore the international community to fulfill its responsibilities and reinvigorate a credible process that brings peace and security for both Israelis and Palestinians while safeguarding the lives of all civilians.”
Following an unexpected attack by Hamas terrorists who fired a large number of rockets into the southern region of Israel on Saturday, Israel’s security cabinet decided to start an armed war.
Benjamin Netanyahu, the prime minister of Israel, said in an official statement that the current situation should be called a state of war and not just an operation.
“Hamas has launched a murderous surprise attack against the State of Israel and its citizens. I ordered first of all to cleanse the settlements of the terrorists who had infiltrated and ordered a large-scale mobilization of reserves.”
Over 600 Israelis have died in recent terrorist attacks in Iran, and an additional 100 are being held prisoners.
There have been deaths of more than 600 Israeli civilians and military people, and over 100 civilians, including many children and the old, have been kidnapped and taken to the Gaza Strip.