According to a recent rumor, CNN Pentagon reporter Barbara Starr will be departing the network.
CNN’s senior media correspondent, Oliver Darcy, tweeted the news.
He wrote that Starr “has announced to colleagues that she will be leaving CNN in the coming days after her contract expires: ‘I have made the decision to move on.’”
—@barbarastarrcnn has announced to colleagues that she will be leaving CNN in the coming days after her contract expires: “I have made the decision to move on.”
— Oliver Darcy (@oliverdarcy) December 9, 2022
According to her CNN profile, Starr began working for ABC News in 1998 before joining CNN in 2001. Starr has also been the Washington, D.C., bureau head for Jane’s Defense Weekly, which covers on national security matters.
“To my many colleagues and friends, With the expiration of my contract in the coming days I have made the decision to move on. Let me say this… you never say goodbye to your friends, so I won’t,” she said in a message to coworkers, according to Deadline.
According to Deadline, Jon Adler, senior vice president of program development for CNN Originals, is also leaving.
CNN is in a transitional period and recently dismissed journalist Martin Savage and political analyst Chris Cillizza.
Deadline claimed that Ana Cabrera desires to quit CNN when her contract expires, citing unnamed sources.
The Wrap reported last week, following the major layoffs, that CNN will eliminate “several dozen” digital positions.
CNN and almost all major global media houses are announcing layoffs as well. Media houses have been living unsustainably. High salaries to anchors & radio presenters are just examples. Rise of alternative media and lack of adaptability has also been a problem for them.
— Waweru Nderitu (@Rictastic_00) December 11, 2022
More on this story via The Western Journal:
“We’ve been transparent about our strategy. In order to innovate, grow and experiment, we’ve added more than 200 jobs in the past 18 months. Not every new project has paid off so we will stop some activities in order to reallocate those resources and enable future experimentation,” a CNN representative told The Wrap.
The report noted that CNN, which had bought a video-sharing app called Beme for $25 million, pulled the plug on that project in November. CONTINUE READING…