Jacob Chansley, a Navy veteran and participant in the January 6, 2021 event known as the “QAnon Shaman” because to his face paint and horned outfit, has been released to a halfway home, according to his attorney. It comes after Tucker Carlson’s show aired footage exonerating him of misconduct that had never been seen before, not even by his attorney.
Carlson welcomed Chansley’s attorney, Bill Shipley, who stated that denying him and Chansley access to the exonerating film was a “dagger in the heart of our Justice System.
It is so compromised. They had that footage and didn’t show me. This is an attack on our Democracy. Chansley is an intelligent and peaceful man, and without you showing that footage we would have never seen it.”
Thursday, an update was provided on the situation.
“For the record: Jake is out on schedule,” tweeted Shipley on Thursday morning.
“I told him 16 months ago in our first conversation it would be Feb. or Mar. 2023,” Shipley said. “BOP [Federal Bureau of Prisons] math. I didn’t do anything extraordinary–this was always the schedule, I just understood it and could explain it to him. He was expecting 12 more mos.”
In November 2021, Chansley pled guilty to one felony charge related to his participation in the Capitol incident and was sentenced to 41 months in prison.
Early Thursday morning, Martin Walsh reported for Conservative Brief the information provided by his attorney, Bill Shipley: “For the record: Jake is out on schedule. I told him 16 months ago in our first conversation it would be Feb. or Mar. 2023. BOP math. I didn’t do anything extraordinary–this was always the schedule, I just understood it and could explain it to him. He was expecting 12 more mos.”
But, this is why the degree of trust between us is so high. I gave him the truth and explained what would transpire. After extensive deliberations, we reached many judgments. He is precisely where we anticipated he would be. Tucker’s insights are important, but Jake cannot rewind time. Recognizing the time constraints, we decided not to rush the following stage. Let’s obtain correct information on the videos, analyze our possibilities, and then formulate a strategy. I could have hurried its completion and dashed to the cameras. But, that was not the best decision,” he acknowledged in later tweets.
His release coincides with Fox News Tucker Carlson airing new footage this month on his Fox News program from the riot at the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021.
More on this story via The Republic Brief:
The chief of the U.S. Capitol Police issued a memo to his staff on Tuesday following the airing of previously unseen security footage by Carlson, which showed police officers appearing to stand passively as a large crowd entered the Capitol that day. CONTINUE READING…