Former President Donald Trump says that the attack of Israel has made people worry that a third world war is very likely to happen soon.
When President Trump spoke to fans in Cedar Rapids, Iowa on Saturday, not long after Hamas’ military invasion of the country began, he gave a warning.
According to Trump’s statement, “We are closer to World War III than we’ve ever been. And I’m the only one that will prevent World War III.”
Trump went on to say that a possible war of this kind would be the deadliest ever, citing important advances in weapons.
“That won’t be a war with army tanks going back and forth, too,” Trump warned. “That will be a war with weaponry the likes of which this world has never seen before … I know it. I know it better than anybody.”
The former president harshly attacked President Joe Biden’s leadership, saying that his actions “caused this war with his stupidity” both at home and abroad, which he said was because he wasn’t smart enough. Trump said that other things the Biden administration did, like loosening rules at the border and passing laws to require voter ID, were also factors.
Allegations have been made against Biden over and over again that he helped Hamas launch its attack against Israel.
Several Republican candidates for president talked about the recent release of $6 billion in banned Iranian cash in exchange for the freedom of five American prisoners in Iran over the weekend.
These candidates said that the providing of money made the attack easier to happen.
The White House said in a statement that the claims are false and that Iran has not yet used the money it got from trading prisoners. A top source in the Biden administration says it is still too early to say for sure if Iran had a direct hand in planning or helping to carry out the Hamas attack.
It was still clear that the official knew there were ties between Iran and Hamas.
U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken took down the social media post calling for a “cease-fire” in Israel and “the release of all hostages held by Hamas” on Monday morning.
President Biden has said many times that he will continue to back the state of Israel while he is in office. A few days ago, the president wrote on a popular online site that he had a chat with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu earlier that day and that they will “remain in close contact over the coming days.”
Former President Barack Obama has not said a word about the terrorist attacks on Israel by Hamas, which were backed by Iran and killed many people.
As of now, neither the Obama administration nor the presidential libraries or foundations of Democratic past presidents like Bill Clinton have made any public comments about the ongoing conflict.
The Clinton Foundation, on the other hand, has not said anything about the threats listed above.
Still, Hillary Clinton made an official statement on Sunday night outlining her position:
“My prayers are with everyone affected by the horrific attacks by Hamas in Israel. The United States stands in strong support of our ally, today and every day.”
But neither President Obama nor Michelle Obama, who used to be first lady, have said anything public about the killings.
So far, the Obama Foundation and the social media accounts that are connected to it have not made any public comments about the attacks in Israel by Hamas.
“Not one word from Obama, and why is that? Is he too busy? Or simply indifferent? Or could it be that, having given millions to Iran, he is privately celebrating his role in taking Israel down a notch,” Conservative author Dinesh D’Souza raised a query on X, suggesting the possibility that the individual in issue may be privately commemorating their involvement in diminishing Israel’s standing, potentially attributed to their substantial financial contributions to Iran.
Not one word from Obama, and why is that? Is he too busy? Or simply indifferent? Or could it be that, having given millions to Iran, he is privately celebrating his role in taking Israel down a notch? #IsraelUnderAttack
— Dinesh D'Souza (@DineshDSouza) October 7, 2023
At the same time, past Presidents Donald Trump and George W. Bush both said things about the current war.
Speaking about the killings, President Trump said they were wrong and called them a “disgrace.” In order to protect itself, he said, Israel must use “overwhelming force.”
In a message shared on Truth Social, President Trump expressed “These Hamas attacks are a disgrace and Israel has every right to defend itself with overwhelming force.”
“Sadly, American taxpayer dollars helped fund these attacks, which many reports are saying came from the Biden Administration.”
“We brought so much peace to the Middle East through the Abraham Accords, only to see Biden whittle it away at a far more rapid pace than anyone thought possible. Here we go again,” he added.
A statement was also released by the George W. Bush Presidential Center.
“We urge the United States and our allies to stand unequivocally with Israel, its government and people, and support Israel’s right to defend itself against these threats,” the center wrote.