HomePoliticsTrump Holds Major Rally in New Hampshire After Judge Dismisses Attempt to...

Trump Holds Major Rally in New Hampshire After Judge Dismisses Attempt to Keep Him off Granite State Ballot

Published on

A few days prior to Tuesday’s presidential primary in New Hampshire, an additional challenge to the eligibility of former President Donald Trump to appear on the state’s ballot was dismissed by a judge.

Late Friday evening, Trump attorney Harmeet Dhillon announced the legal victory in a post to X.

“Breaking! Our firm @dhillonlaw, working with local counsel, defeated the attempt to keep @realDonaldTrump off the ballot in New Hampshire!” she wrote in the post. “Done deal! Congrats to the election litigation team yet again!”

On Friday, Trump, who is 77 years old, was accompanied to a rally in New Hampshire by two other notable Republicans who have been suggested as potential vying for the presidency in a second Trump administration.

Rep. Elise Stefanik, who has expressed numerous times recently that she would be “honored to serve in a future Trump administration,” told the rally audience, as reported by WMUR. Stefanik is considered by some to be the leading candidate for the position.

“I’ve been proud to be the strongest supported and the first member of Congress to endorse him,” the New York Republican added.

In attendance was also Senator Tim Scott of South Carolina, who utilized the occasion to officially support Trump’s candidacy.

“We need a president today who will stop the crime and recklessness in the streets,” Scott said at the rally, according to the outlet. “We need a president to restore law and order; we need Donald Trump.”

Scott, who had previously initiated an ambitious campaign for the Republican presidential nomination, opted to withdraw in November, declaring his intention to not support any of the remaining candidates.

It is evident that his stance has since evolved, as he now supports Trump instead of former South Carolina governor Nikki Haley, despite their shared state of origin.

Nine days after it was lodged by John Anthony Castro on the day he was arrested on 33 counts of aiding and assisting in the preparation and presentation of a false and fraudulent federal tax return, the challenge to Trump’s ballot eligibility was dismissed.

The New York Times reports that a conviction on each of these counts could result in a maximum prison term of three years; therefore, Castro faces a potential 99-year sentence if found guilty of all accusations.

The Times reported that Castro possesses a law degree but no license to practice law. He personally filed to run for president, and as of September, his campaign had amassed a total of $678 in contributions.

“[H]e has not emerged as a serious challenger to the leading Republican candidates,” the outlet reported.

He has initiated legal proceedings in a minimum of 27 states, contending that Trump’s eligibility for the presidency is precluded under Section 3 of the 14th Amendment on the grounds that he purportedly “engaged in insurrection or rebellion” on January 6, 2021.

According to the Times, the majority of those lawsuits have been dismissed, and “none of them have gained significant traction.”

Latest articles

Journalist Charged with Hacking Fox News and Leaking Tucker Carlson Footage

Journalist Timothy Burke faced indictment on Thursday, charged with offenses related to hacking in...

Trump Legal Team Unleashes Phone Records That Cast Major Doubt on Fani Willis and Nathan Wade’s Story

An examination of mobile phone records, presented by the legal team of former President...

Biden’s New Regulation Could Make Up to 1 Million Jobs Vanish

The Biden administration is in the process of putting in place a rule one...

Indicted FBI Informant Re-Arrested Under ‘Bizarre Circumstances,’ His Lawyers Say

A longstanding FBI informant, accused of orchestrating a fabricated multi-million dollar bribery scheme involving...

More like this