HomePoliticsTucker And Elon? Carlson Plots Next Moves

Tucker And Elon? Carlson Plots Next Moves

Published on

According to media reports published on Sunday citing unverified sources close to Tucker Carlson, he may be preparing to establish a massive news agency to compete with Fox News.

And if Carlson is effective in establishing his own news agency, the number of viewers on a single tweet, which demonstrates public interest in what he has to say, indicates he would likely perform better than all other media combined.

“The idea that anyone is going to silence Tucker and prevent him from speaking to his audience is beyond preposterous,” Bryan Freedman, Carlson’s attorney, told Axios about the contract dispute with Fox News.

On April 21, Carlson was banished from the airwaves of Fox Network. Since then, the network’s ratings among key demographic groups have dropped precipitously, and the remaining viewers are still enraged.

According to Business Insider, Freedman secured a $30 million payout for former Fox News anchor Megyn Kelly, and he also represents Don Lemon, who was dismissed from CNN.

According to Axios, the contract is Carlson’s problem, as many have speculated that Fox News will pay Carlson his contract salary and keep him off the air to keep him silent.

“Carlson is plotting a media empire of his own,” the Blaze reported, “but may be held up in that endeavor since his contract at Fox does not expire until January 2025.”

Zerohedge reported more details:

“Former Fox News host Tucker Carlson is rallying forces to convince Fox to let him out of his contract so that he can work for, or launch, another network, Axios reports, citing sources close to Carlson – who apparently “knows where a lot of bodies are buried and is ready to start drawing a map,” said one source who wasn’t authorized to speak publicly,” adding:

“The network currently holds a contract which expires in January 2025 – after the next US election. To work on the contract dispute, Carlson has retained high-powered Hollywood lawyer Bryan Freedman, who told Axios: “The idea that anyone is going to silence Tucker and prevent him from speaking to his audience is beyond preposterous.”

According to the report, “Carlson allies with big platforms are prepared to attack Fox for trying to keep him on the shelf.”

Additionally, ZeroHedge reported:

Tucker vs. Fox has the potential to transform the conservative news industry. Fox, which has seen its ratings plummet in Carlson’s time slot since he was fired 13 days ago, intends to marginalize him by paying him $20 million per year to do nothing.

Carlson has reportedly been contacted by outlets, including the right-leaning Rumble and Newsmax, that have offered him higher compensation than his Fox contract. -Axios
And in a snippet that could send shockwaves through the media landscape, Axios reports that Carlson and Elon Musk have discussed working together, though no details are provided.

The former Fox presenter is also contemplating the establishment of a direct-to-consumer media outlet through which his millions of admirers could pay to watch him – a strategy that his predecessor, Bill O’Reilly, successfully employed.

“See you soon?”

48 hours after Fox booted Carlson, he tweeted a video discussing the ills of the industry, ending with “See you soon.”

One close Carlson acquaintance told Axios: “They’re approaching him and asking, ‘Do you want me to hit Fox?'”

To which Carlson has been saying “No. I want to get this done quiet and clean.”

In a tweet alluding to conservative assaults on Bud Light, Megyn Kelly criticized her former employer for its post-Carlson ratings, indicating what may be to come. “My audience has taken to calling them #Foxweiser.” -Axios

That said, “Now, we’re going from peacetime to Defcon 1,” according to the friend. “His team is preparing for war. He wants his freedom.”

According to Axios, Elon Musk has engaged in discussions regarding collaboration. In addition, sources told Axios that Carlson is considering a direct-to-consumer content delivery model.

More on this story via The Republic Brief:

And that makes sense, as the Blaze pointed out that Twitter re-launched its creator subscription program in April, which provides a means for creators to monetize their content on the platform. For the next year, Twitter CEO Elon Musk said Twitter will keep none of the subscription fees. CONTINUE READING…

Latest articles

Journalist Charged with Hacking Fox News and Leaking Tucker Carlson Footage

Journalist Timothy Burke faced indictment on Thursday, charged with offenses related to hacking in...

Trump Legal Team Unleashes Phone Records That Cast Major Doubt on Fani Willis and Nathan Wade’s Story

An examination of mobile phone records, presented by the legal team of former President...

Biden’s New Regulation Could Make Up to 1 Million Jobs Vanish

The Biden administration is in the process of putting in place a rule one...

Indicted FBI Informant Re-Arrested Under ‘Bizarre Circumstances,’ His Lawyers Say

A longstanding FBI informant, accused of orchestrating a fabricated multi-million dollar bribery scheme involving...

More like this