Following the cessation of his program, it became apparent that Fox News would rather Tucker Carlson complete his $8 million-per-year contract until its expiration in 2025 than buy him out and lose him to a rival network.
Now that Tucker has moved on and is more successful than ever, Fox is targeting Tucker’s former employees.
As Fox unveils its new primetime lineup, the Daily Caller reports that the network has terminated the remaining Tucker’s program employees.
In a move described as “shockingly callous” by a former Fox News producer to the Daily Caller, the network fired at least nine of its remaining employees, including long-tenured producers.
The producer informed the Daily Caller that “some of the fired producers have been at Fox for well over a decade.”
Another former Fox producer told the Daily Caller that members of Tucker Carlson’s team were frequently assured that their jobs would be safe after he left the network, most recently last week when two of Carlson’s producers left the station.
Fox did not fulfill their promise.
Now, Tucker intends to further disrupt the industry.
Carlson is raising capital to launch a new media venture, according to Puck News.
“Carlson is reportedly fundraising for the venture with a “vast majority” of his former Fox News staff set to join him,” the Daily Caller added on Thursday.
More on this story via The Republic Brief:
“It’s increasingly possible that the Twitter show is a top-of-funnel play for other things Tucker may soon have cooking,” Puck News’ Dylan Byers wrote. “In fact, I am told he is raising capital to launch a new company that may yet prove more influential.”
“Tucker’s new media play might – if executed adroitly – serve as a paradigm for a generation of TV news personalities with huge followings and fandoms who remain marooned to their desks amid shrinking audiences,” Byers added. CONTINUE READING…